Saturday, March 7, 2009

2nd outing at Riponne

I went to Riponne today!
Actually, I needed to get some stuff and so I reckoned that I mind as well wake up earlier to visit the Saturday market at Riponne.

The Saturday Market was really interesting! They had those vans from which butchers sell meat and sausages, fromagers sell cheese, and these rows off vegetable and fruit sellers on one side, then stalls of people selling random stuff like second hand goods, clothes and books.
Knick Knacks...
More knick knacks...
A stall selling only cheese
Vegetables... There are more vegetable sellers at another part...
The vans selling meat and sausages

A stall selling fresh herbs. Spot the types of herbs there!

I didn't buy much stuff. Some ground beef, some carrots and potatoes... Quite little, actually, since I've still got a full pantry back at the hostel.

Anyway, some funny happenings while at the market... See the row of jackets below?
Well, its those type of fleece jackets that one could wear as a substitute to the heavy jacket. I was looking through it (since the price was reasonable) when this elderly lady browsed through it as well. She looked at me and smilled, then whispered something like "these stuff here isn't good" and the she pointed to her jacket and said something like "mine is better". I almost laughed in her face! Of course hers was better, her jacket was fur!! It was really funny, but I just smilled and said ok (for the lack of better stuff to reply in french...)

Oh, and recently, I found the wonders of half-baked bread. Coop and Migros (the 2 big supermarts) sells these half baked bread that on just have to pop into an oven for 7 to 10 mins before eating. I bought them because they were on offer, but I realised that it was really nice! Fresh, pipping hot bread whenever you want. Its something that I would definitely buy again.

1 comment: