Sunday, March 29, 2009

Additional pictures from the Olympus camera...

Hey! I finally bought some batteries for my camera!
You have no idea how much these cost here!! I only got them because they were for sale.
A pack of 16 AA for 14.90 instead of probably 20 plus francs. Its still way more expensive than what I would spend, but at least now I can use my camera instead of leaving it in the dorm when I go on excursions. I did buy rechargable batteries, but I think those got so litttle power that Olympus refuses to even start with them. Sigh, if I had known, I wouldn't have been a cheapskate and bought those expensive rechargables before I came...

Anyway, with batteries, I can finally upload the pictures that were in it. (Some stupid design that need batteries even when its plugged into the computer...)

There isn't many places covered, since I mainly shoot with my camera. Thus, only a couple of pictures from the school and the rest is from the Gruyeres trip where I borrowed batteries from my friend.

Pictures of my school campus. Taken on my first trip to school (2nd day of arrival)















Mural depicting a scene of a wall in Gruyeres castle (left)
Scene as seen from the castle (right)








The small town of Gruyeres (which is located ALL the way at the top of a hill...)























Clockwise from top left: The garden within the castle walls, one of the rooms in the castle, another room in the castle.

Its not that Olympus is a bad camera, it's just that it sucks away a lot of battery, I cannot use my rechargable batteries on it, and my shaky hands produce sucky results.
I honestly need a camera with anti shake detection capabilities...

To prove my point, I've deleted close to 30MB worth of pictures on my camera just because it's too blur to look at.

Yes, I'm a terrible photographer...

But oh!! Let me share with you my favourite picture from Gruyeres...




Nice huh?
Its a stained glass window of one of the rooms in the castle. It turned out great!!
It will be the desktop picture for my new ubuntu OS that I installed!!

Now I have 2 OS to play with, whoopie...

No comments:

Post a Comment