Tuesday, February 10, 2009

2nd Day in Lausanne

Hi there,

Its the second day that I'm in Lausanne. Yes, the weather is still friggin' cold but, despite the rain, it was actually warmer than yesterday. I actually liked today's weather.

Yesterday, it was pretty interesting. After alighting from the plane, I followed the crowd (who said it was bad to follow the crowd?) settle the customs and grab my bags. After a little wandering and searching, nothing too hopeless that the signs couldn't help, I found the place to buy the train tickets, bought them and was soon on the next train to Lausanne.

After reaching Lausanne, I took a cab to the hostel. There, I lugged my 20 plus kg worth of baggage up 2 levels and finall.y reached my room. The room is not too bad, a little small for my taste, but still very livable and is small in a cosy way. One thing that struck me first was how clean the room was... The building is either new or the housekeeper did a fine job in maintaining the place!!

Anyway, here's some pictures of the room:

the bed's headboard
the door(center yellow), cupboard (left white) and the toilet door on the right



















the table and the filing cabinet ( the heater is the white long thing behind the table)















On the same level, there's a common kitchen where people can cook, and yes, I found a rice cooker there...




















Anyway, I went out for the mart near the residence (about 10 mins walk). Along the way, I found the post office where I sent back home the library dvd which my klutzy brother left in there after watching.
During the walk, I found this:















A singaporean and malaysian themed restaurant!! haha
and also:














some asian (i.e. chinese, vietnamese and thai cuisine)

One thing I realised was that the things here are expensive!! My taxi fare from the train station to the dorm was 17 CHF!! And the trip was so short that I felt a little cheated... haha
a loaf of bread cost 2.20 CHF (about 3 sing dollars) and 2 bars of soap cost 2.50CHF.
It was lucky that I decided to bring some household stuff along.

Let me end this hanging... I've run out of stuff to say.
I should really brush up on my spoken french.....

Till later.

5 comments:

  1. NICE!! post more! put a taggboard!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. NNNNOO! Tagboards are annoying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    This is more logical. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, I don't know how to put up a tagboard anyway... Where do u do it??

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAAA type tag in your sidebar. it will appear. :) hope it helps.

    ReplyDelete