Tuesday, February 17, 2009

First lesson in EPFL

Yesterday was supposed to be my first day of school, a.k.a first day of lessons. But because I didn't really know what lessons I had to go to, I only went for the information session that was held in the afternoon. Anyway, it seems like I didn't really miss much. Its like the first week of lessons in Uni, the lecturers will just go through some stuff that will eventually be repeated again later.

The main point was, I went for my first lesson today. Probability and Statistics. Sounds SO interesting right? Oh well, I had to make do with this since some of my mapped modules clashed with others. Luckily, the lecturer wasn't too boring and the class wasn't too hard (she was just repeating some of the stuff that I had already learnt in JC). Did I mention that she was teaching in english?

Well, all the lesson that I took were in english, I made sure of that. I know, what about learning french? Well, the idea was to put myself in a french speaking environment so that I will learn and adapt to the language asap.

NOTE: I said PUT, not THROW. I still wanna enjoy life a little and not worry what the teacher is saying constantly.

I did sign myself up for a french course and also this exchange thingy students who want to learn english who in turn can teach french. Now just have to wait for the reply.
Anyway, because it was snowing the whole day today (my boots even got a little soaked through at the end, how do I dry them??) I saw a snowman on the campus..

Yea... it was pretty cute...

1 comment:

  1. You just put the boots near the heater. And hope.

    It took three days to dry out when I was in London. Just make sure you wear dry socks.

    ReplyDelete