Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Unplug the iPods!

When people asked me how I find Switzerland, my first answer would be cold, followed by how quiet the whole place was compared to Singapore.

For once in 1 and a half, almost 2 years, I did not wake up on a weekday with the noisy construction going on outside. (Taking into account that my usual waking time is about 9-ish, 10 when the constructions would be going in full swing)

There was this pleasant silence that surrounds the whole place that feels serene. Even the snow falls silently, much silently than the noisy rain. You can almost feel the peace and quiet of the town when you go for walks to the grocery store or when waiting for the bus. Simply said, there is a lack of the background noise that one gets used to in Singapore. Its not too bad. Its not even a habit for me to bring my iPod out since I don't listen to it when I'm out anymore. I tried listening to it while waiting for the bus once, but I felt that I was destroying the serenity. Without even finishing off a song, I switched it off and never took it out again. Yet.

Lets just see how long it takes for me to get bored with the peace and quiet before I bring my iPod out on the streets again...

5 comments: